Dual P4 2.8Ghz compatable motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
Does anyone know if it is possible to run two Intel P4 2.8Ghz Northwood Processors with 800mhz FSBs on a single motherboard? A friend is thinking of giving me his processor and I have one exactly the same and was wondering if I could swap out my motherboard (ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe) with a dual processor supported board?

nope

only dual intel boards I know of are xeon based or older celeron or pentium 2's

However it is possible to run dual pentium 4's

This was done by some university students (or a processor, something like that) with a custom motherboard.

However for you, impossible :(

also why would you want to? they would be so hot together they would roast your board in minutes... :D

ya, the old pro-reliants, thats a blast from the past.........still a few used ones like that floating around the used equip market too

nope. Can't be done at this time. But, you should tell him you want it anyway. Then you could get some really good 478 cooling and try to overclock the piss outta the 2.8GHz. If you fry the CPU, don't worry, you've got another one!!!

Thanks guys, I checked the market and couldn't find anything, that's too bad... two HT processors would be fun :p

horndude & nitestick forgot the P3 dual boards (SLOT1 and S370).

If u'de like 2 build a dual CPU system i'll recommend on a TYAN mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom