*** ****** leeeeeeeeeeeroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i get the windows message "ur virtual memory is low" again

i have it set on auto currently

sometimes my fps will drop to the 10's b/c of this (for arond 10 seconds or so)

edit: this only happened on one map today, maybe it was b/c i had a program that took up virtual mem running?

1GB of RAM and it isnt enough LOL..........sheesh, I could load an entire 2hr movie into that as a ramdisk

I've had problems with Windows managing the swapfile by itself. I've reverted back to specifing the size and location myself. This seems to be the best solution. I place the swapfile on my second harddrive (Additional Storage) and defrag that drive once a week.
This drive just stores (Videos, Audio & Large Digital Photos)

Try changing paging file from windows managed to your custom size and location settings. If you've got a 1GIG or RAM set the swap file to 2GIG. Don't set it to 2.5 times the amount of ram you have, alot of people say to do that and it's not needed. You'd rather your system take advantage of your faster ram with 1024MB of storage then windows moving data over to the swap file and then the CPU needs it again and it takes forever to get it back to the CPU. SLOWS system down....

A lot of times when you see this message, "NOT RESPONDING" and you need to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL. It's because your CPU isn't getting the data it needs.

.......njenkins!!!!!!!!! Thought I would just finish the leroy part for you. Anyhow, run a hijack this log and also set the low and high v memory to the same amounts (keeps it from being dynamic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom