date and time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
I have a dell 466 and entering the time anddate keepscoming across the screen andi already did enter the time and date
What could be theproblem. it wont let me boot with the startup disk but on the othe r dell it does I finaly figured out how to get the cd rom to work I changed the pin to slave andthen i did not get no hard disk controler failure error message now when i do keep enteringthe time and date unnecessarily it leads me to a c prompt after that. Is that right If it does need a battery.Is there any special battery i have to put in there Can i get one off another machine if it fits

Where would the configuring pin be on the dell. How would i reset the the cmos on this particular machine i did not see no crome battery. Wher would the battery be if i had to take it out

There isno option for loading defaults in bios.I see alist of pinsin thisparticular manner onthe board crd bios(no jumper pin on it)
epwd(that has a jumper pin on it)evga(that has a jumper pin on it
where would the battery be. maybe i can take it out for a while

WELL WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THAT MESSAGE THAT I HAVE TO SET THE TIME WHEN I DID SET THE TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom