Building a computer andÂ…

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
IÂ’m building a computer for a friend now itÂ’s a low end system everything went fine but I

Noticed one thing I put a volcano 7+ on the heat sink on the amd and two

fans one in front one in back the system runs pretty cool but his video card doesnÂ’t and

Since he picked up a low end card and asked me to put that in too I figured ok itÂ’s a

e-GeForce MX 4000 64mb hereÂ’s the thing the damn thing generates quite a bit of heat it has a

Heat sink on it hereÂ’s a picture of it http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=064-P1-NV91-LX itÂ’s the same one in it anyways thereÂ’s no damn fan on

It is there fans I can buy out there for him and put it on it? What kind would I need and

Would I have to weld it on there or something because I donÂ’t think itÂ’s going to just snap

On and I'm still new to the computer age even through I .can build them etcÂ…I donÂ’t know

Everything yet any help will be greatly appreciated

yea, actually there are fans that just snap on, i don't remember where to find them though... :( ask around

Man I been lookÂ’n all over pc club circuit city best buy radio shank

I canÂ’t find one anywhere. Ok so they do have ones that snap

onto this card then for sure do you have any pictures of what

they look like and how much they cost?

all of the above fit in a pci card slot
like where you would put a lan card or a modem card
one screw is all you need

the fans aspire reccomended go in the pci slot below the card and blow air up into it, which would work fine but i think there is a screw slot hidden in between fins somewhere

there is not a place to put in screws on that card
i have personally had one and i have also noticed high heat priblems

that first fan card i linked you will cool it very well it's an 80mm fan
also cost a lot less than going out and buying a 50mm fan to mount on it

Hey thanks for all the help and yeah thereÂ’s not a screw to put it in but if I can id avoid the

80mm id rather just get one made for it and put it on there if possible but the when I went

Out lookÂ’n people said I would have to weld it on there or something and I wouldnÂ’t want

To do that I just wanted one that would pop on. So thanks again I know what to look for

50mm fans right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom