Question regarding Evga 6600gt 128mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdrocks

Baseband Member
My forceware version is 76.45.
When I play CS:Source with bot, 16vs16, my fps running between 10 and 20.
When I play CS1.6 with ivpbot, 16vs16, in the beginning of round, fps running around 60, and then it'll be better if bot spread around.
I just want to ask if this is right or not.

Thanks!!!

Yah, that right, expecially if your running high settings.
Your putting stress on the entire system, not just the video card.

When I play cs1.6, my setting is 1024X768, 32bit. Refresh rate locked to 85hertz. Driver setting I turn antialisaing and anisotropic filtering to application-controlled, image settings to high performance, vertical sync to off.

What is the best driver setting for counter-strike?

Well obviously the more pretty things you turn off the better performance you will get. Another option is buying an ATI card. ;)

I just ran the CS:Source video stress test. In the driver setting, AA and AS turn to application-controlled. Image to high quality. Vertical Sync to off. I got 88.61 FPS. Is this a good score for my system?

seems right

i get 90 with 4aa 16af all high

but i get around 33fps now on the test with 16:10 widescreen 2aa 2af all high

I set the same setting as you did, but I get around 80fps.....
80-33, wow that's a big difference there!!!

Try running a standard benchmark, such as 3DMark or Aquamark, and use the relevent results database to see exactly how your system stacks up.

amdrocks said:
My forceware version is 76.45.
When I play CS:Source with bot, 16vs16, my fps running between 10 and 20.
When I play CS1.6 with ivpbot, 16vs16, in the beginning of round, fps running around 60, and then it'll be better if bot spread around.
I just want to ask if this is right or not.

Thanks!!!

This is very common.

Playing CS:S is a demanding game, running a server is demanding on a computer. And the computer computing everything for bots is also demanding.

This is because you should not be gaming and running a server off the same PC, try using another PC for the server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom