the time is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
Well i think since im makin a little more money now its time for me to build a new AMD computer. I know i own a P4 now but i've been meaning to go AMD for gaming. What i'm lookin for is:

AMD chipset
PCI-Express MOBO
2Gb Corsair LL
2x36Gb Raptors
2x6800GT's
450-500W PSU

and the rest is pretty straight forward. I need a price quote from Newegg and pretty much whereevere the price is right. Thanx for the help

Cheers-

why would you get 2gb? it's not worth it. you'd be better off getting a gig of the OCZ dfi version stuff.

how much do you have to spend?

I would suggest: Athlon 64 3700+ (939) San Diego or 3200+ Venice (the San Diego is the same but with 1MB L2 cache instead of 512kb)

a DFI NF4 Ultra D Lanparty, and mod the BIOS to an SLI version
but use 8/8 instead of 16/2 when using SLI

2x6800 GT's in SLI (8/8)

2x512MB G.Skill PC4000 RAM

OCZ Powerstrean 600W

the DFI OCZ version is better ram and i was gonna suggest the 3700+ if he had leftover $

Well money isn't an issue here.

Also, i'm getting 2Gb because i plan on overclocking this baby to the max. So i figure the extra little 1Gb boost would help a little bit.

Gage i was lookin at ure post and i think i would wanna go with the 1Mb of cache for the CPU that Apokalipse posted. Also, Gage, why do you suggest the OCz appose to the Corsair?

If money is no issue, then why are you here asking us? Do you need help picking out the most expensive parts on newegg?

Lasrix said:
Also, Gage, why do you suggest the OCz appose to the Corsair?
Well if you have unlimited cash, then both of those brands will not suffice. You'll need to go with the most expensive pqi memory on newegg.

Lasrix said:
Well money isn't an issue here.

Also, i'm getting 2Gb because i plan on overclocking this baby to the max. So i figure the extra little 1Gb boost would help a little bit.

that's the dumbest thing i've heard

the more capacity of ram you got, the harder it is to overclock

overclocking with 2 sticks of 256 is easiet; 2 gigs is almost impossible to OC half way decent

i suggest you get a gig at most

i'd suggest:

amd64 3200/3500 venice or 3700/4000 sandiego
DFI lanparty ultra-d
a gig of OCZ dfi special
wait for the new nvidia and ati cards, or if you can't wait, then grab yourself a 6600gt and wait
raptor(s)
seagate 200gb sata hdd
nec 3510A dvd-rw
OCZ powerstream 600W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom