ECS motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jepmep

Beta member
Hi All,

I am new here but it looks like a great forum. I need some help in choosing a new MB.

I currently have a ECS K7S5A which is a POS. I now cannot power the board at all with only having completed a soft shutdown the other day. I have read that this MB has had many problems in the past such as the one described about. I had trouble powering it up in the past but with just switching the power on-off multiple times I got it running. Now seems to be down for the count.

I need a Socket A MB that is capable of using SDRAM 168 in DIMM cards (2 would be ideal). I am currently using an Athlon XP 2200.

The PS I am using is a 600 Watt so it should be plenty for whatever MB I get.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim

Ah....the infamous K7S5A. :)
I've personally had and have had clients have the same problems with this MB.
There are a lot of brands that I like and trust. I would check out ASUS and Shuttle.
You can find a great board on Tiger Direct.

-Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help. I'm currently looking at the following ASUS MB's. I would like your opinion as to which is the best bang for the buck. I'm no power user but need something reliable and easy to set-up.

A7N8X Deluxe $110
A7N8X-X $68.88
A7V8X-X $53.90

Thanks

Jim

All three are very good boards. Asus puts out good stable boards in my opinion. I have never had any trouble with them and about to build a new comp with one. Happy building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom