No sound & Internet connection @ startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigsta

Beta member
I wonder if anyone can help me out?!!
Everytime I switch on my computer for the first time, XP loads up fine but I dont get any sound at all. I am supposed to get my Gamesurround Fortissimo III logo next to the clock, but it doesn't show. When I then click on Start, it freezes. The same also if I try to load up Control Panel or press CTR & ALT & DEL. Internet Explorer does'nt work at this point either.
Sometimes, if I leave the computer running, after about 10 minutes all of a sudden, the startup sound plays, logo shows near clock and everything works fine. And if I tried to load up control panel or anything else when it had frozen, they all pop up too. If I run out of patience, I'll reset the computer and in most cases, it'll work fine the second time.

The HD light isn't on when it freezes. I have up to date drivers on my sound card, video card etc. I have plenty of RAM and processing power etc. Any ideas at all?

I once thought that it could have been my USB connection from the modem. By pulling it out and back in again, it seemed to have given it life and everything would kick in, but I think it was just luck as that doesn't seem to work anymore.

If anyone can help me, that would be great! :D

Thanks!

Hi wigsta, I have the same problem like you before. I think some programs are not compatible with winXP. I tried to reinstall winXP and it works normally. :)

it sounds obvious to me you have a serious operating system corruption. the best thing to do is use your restore CD and restore everything after you save important data to another location. if you have no restore CD you would have to have a operating system CD and format and re-install the operating system.

Cheers guys. But I dont think that it's a corrupt operating system as it works fine on second re-boot. This might sound a bit strange, but it usually works fine first time if my speakers are turned on before I boot up.

I have taken a look in my startup and it seems that there is nothing at all to do with my soundcard. Instead, I have lots of things which I have'nt got a clue what they are. Tried to post an image of my startup in this post to show, but cant seem to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom