computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc

Beta member
hi everyone, i recently purchased a computer, which i had built for me, but i am having serious trouble with it, as it freezes very often, (everyday) especially when i load a game. the game is football manager 2005 and the computer will freeze everytime i load the game. sometimes it will crash and a message will come on the monitor saying " range: out of sync" sometimes it crashes and i will just have a blank screen, sometimes it crashes and i get a blue screen with a load of writing saying something about dumping physical memory at the bottom of screen. and sometimes it just feezes, with my screen staying ok only nothing will happen or move meaning i have to restart the computer. also sometimes it will take a long time for the pc to actually restart as it can sometimes freeze when starting up. sometimes it can take ages for me to actually get the computer up and going again. i have recently formatted the computer, and reinstalled windows xp. but it hasnt helped at all, i have a firewall and i run checkes for virus and spyware and adaware everyday. but the computer is clean. therefore i am lead to believe that it is a hardware problem, only im not sure which one. i have a feeling its the graphics card, but as i said its just a feeling. i may be wrong. the graphics card is a nvidia geforce 2 ti. this problem is really starting to stress me out. sometimes it wud take an hour to freeze or crash, sometimes it will only take a few seconds. but it will nearly always do it when i load football manager. i have found it doesnt do it as often on another game, such as star wars battlefront, or halflife. but it does still freeze at some stage. i wud be extremely grateful for any replies to this post which can help me, or even for ur opinion. i can only hope that someone has come across this problem before and will be able to help me.

range out of sync = the program is trying to display at a resolution higher than your monitor//gfx card is capable of handling

the geforce 2ti is a very, very old and outdated card; maybe you should try something newer (i.e. borrow from friend or buy one at a local store & then return it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom