Radeon 9600 Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
I bought a Radeon 9600 AIW refurb from newegg.com the other day and I did without noticing that they said "no extra components included", which is fine with me. I have no problem buying just the card itself, but if the card doesnt come with a cable with the splitter for VGA out and S-Video out then I cant use it. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can give me a clue as to whether new egg ships these products with absolutely necessary parts like these, or if someone can give me the link of a site where I might buy one for under 15 dollars. Thank you for all of you're trouble in advance, and i like the forum!

Thanks,
Rich

P.S. Assuming i get a prompt, informative answer. I think I'll be back to t
his site many times.

what exactly are you trying to do? use a vga monitor and s-video output at the same time?

what do you mean by a splitter for vga and s-video out? an adaptor that changes vga to s-video? or vice versa?

The card will have outputs of s-video and d-sub, possible DVI. I don't think such a cable exists. I didn't get anything like that with my retail 6800. I did get a s-video lead, which you can buy for cheap on ebay.

edit:Or this?

AIW_9600Pro.jpg

Trifid's picture is the peice im talking about, because thats the part that enables the AIW 9600 to actually connect to something. Im not sure if it comes with one of those cables (it should, seeing as how thats the only possible way to use the card).. but i need to know where to get one in case it doesnt come with one because its a refurbished card. Thanks alot everyone!

the card should connect to any normal computer monitor without an adaptor, unless it's dvi, but you'll need an adaptor if you plan on connecting to a projector or tv.

No, look at my recent post, i said that the "breakout cable" with 2 VGA and a bunch of other connectors is what i need. I know the difference between VGA, DVI, and S-Video, and the AIW 9600 comes with some weird ass connector with that "breakout cable". Im not sure if mine does, and i need to know where i can buy one just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom