1337 Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would seriously recommend the Platinum Rev2s, they are actually underclocked DDR500 chips so they are basically guranteed to run the same speed as those chips only on tighter timings with a bit of tweaking.

I've done much reading, and as I've mentioned the Rev2s use TCC5 chips now, and not TCCDs. The TCC5s can handle tighter timings than the TCCDs, and although they need a bit more voltage, with the booster that's not really a problem.

Not to mention the Rev2s are cheaper than those anyways, but to each his own. Plus OCZ has absolute fabulous support from a couple of great guys all over the web and they RMA stuff even if you've voided the voltage warranty no problem.

I won't even get into corsair...

yeah it's definitely one of those toss up decisions....plat rev2's are nothing to sneeze at.......seems like either way you go you'll get some nice OC's......I don't think I've ever seen rev2s hit lower than like 260MHz

i just got my new memory (look below) replacing some generic stuff. but now i have to save for my water cooling system so i can hit 4ghz stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom