Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifter0569

Beta member
First off this system build includes:

Foxconn Socket 939 NVIDIA NForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
Athlon 64 3000+ processor
ASPIRE X-Dreamer II Steel ATX Mid-Tower
2 GB of dual channel Geil Memory (2x1GB)
Samsung Black IDE DVD burner

(The rest is irrelevant to my problem)

Okay, heres the deal. I put this computer together as a first build and once i got it all done (i used a grounding bracelet) i plug in the computer all the lights light up and fans are roaring (every one of them, vid card, cpu fan, p/s, every one of em) but after the boot nothing at all happens. There is not one beep indicated POST was performed and there is no visual display on my monitor (switched out monitors, same thing) from there i wonder if POST really wasnt doing anything so i took out all my memory (looking for the 3 beeps) and still nothing. I am getting no processing of any kind nor POST or anything, all i am getting is power. Do you think this is my motherboard? my cpu? perhaps my p/s despite the fans/lights?? I would really appreciate this as I am pressed for time in my RMA's and need to isolate the problems without creating new ones!!

Also, my DVD burner powers up only WITHOUT THE IDE CABLE attached. When I plug in the IDE Cable the drive no longer responds to my command, perhaps a BIOS/CMOS config? or jumpers..?

BTW, this computer has never booted, not once. Thank you so much! I am desperate!!!

1.) try using one stick of ram, see what happens
2.) did you plug EVERYTHING in? the 4 pin molex too?
3.) does your gfx card require power, if so, did you plug power into that?
4.) google and download memtest86+, put on floppy or cd and boot from it and run the test and see what happens

diabloII said:
1.) try using one stick of ram, see what happens
2.) did you plug EVERYTHING in? the 4 pin molex too?
3.) does your gfx card require power, if so, did you plug power into that?
4.) google and download memtest86+, put on floppy or cd and boot from it and run the test and see what happens

and how exactly would he run memtest when it wont even post. Also if his card required a AUX power source, than he would still get a post but his screen would not work. But it still will post.

FYI, I did indeed plug in the 4 pin power plug into the AUX PEX connector (because my window light & fan wouldnt work if i didnt). I'm wondering if perhaps:
1. My motherboard is shorted out on the case
2. Motherboard is fried.
3. CPU fried
4. P/S isnt powering correctly despite fan/lights working

Any other suggestions?

try using one stick of ram and unplug everything that's not needed; case fans, cd drive, etc.

If nothing works, reseat the CPU, and take the MOBO out and put it back in trying to keep it from grounding on the case -.-

Probably something is not seated right... Like what other people have said above.
You mobo is not fried since your PSU did start.

Okay I'm going to try all of that, but do you guys think it is possible for the mobo to be able to power things and lose its ability to process data (to POST), or should i be more concerned about the CPU?

Your mobo is probably not busted. Because if it was busted it would not start the power supply. And to start the power supply it need to complete the "circuit" on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom