Which card should i go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does the rest of my setup look?

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory x2

SONY Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE Combo Drive

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

ViewSonic E70F+SB Metallic on Black 17" CRT Monitor 0.25mm diagonal Dot Pitch 15-pin mini D-sub

eVGA 128-P2-N368-TX Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card

XION Ultimate Engineering XON-001 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply

ALTEC LANSING VS3151 50 Watts 5.1 Speaker

Still not sure on the case and will change the gpu. Do you see anything uncompatible?

wouldnt reccomend the case look at a nice lian li or a thermaltake
also what do you have for a power supply
i would reccomend either a 480w antec neopower, a 550w Super Flower modular power supply, or an OCZ modstream
gpu for sure get the 6800gt either the eVGA or the leadtek. Personally i used both brands and dont have anything bad to say about them. However i would have to reccomend the eVGA
post picks when it's done.
Word of advice you may want to wait a month or two until the g70 7800gt comes out and the R520 from ati come out these will cause a nice price drop in older cards. My opinion if you want to spend the extra 50 bucks go ahead gte it now and have a great comp

eVGA is nothing special. The only difference it has is worse cooling. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just because there is a hot mermaid on the heatsink, does not make it a better card.

Wasnt going to buy it for the mermaid....... :) But how much do you think the G70 and the R520 are going to be???

1500 for it. I think i can work something out. im not really liking the look of that monitor, even though it has some good specs on it. .25dmm dot pitch or .20mm dot pitch?

Having the dot pitch to low actually blurs the image at higher resolutions. A good dot pitch would be .25-.23mm. That monitor is the best in it's class for gaming, mainly because of the truely flat picture tube, not a rounded tube behind a flat panel of glass (such as the ones from ViewSonic and Samsung), and the support of high refresh rates at high resolutions. The .24mm dot pitch is very, very good. Also, you realize that the hood is removable, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom