WinXP freezing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iky

Beta member
Hello guys, Im new here. I got a problem - my Windows XP randomly freezes with motherboard making solid sound, at that point only thing I can do is to restart the system. It sounds to me like a hardware problem, but to be honest I dont even know where to start. If any of you can help me out Id be greatly appreciated.

Yes, are you starting up or powering down a program when this happens? Need more details....
Also, welcome to the Tech-Forums!

usually it happens during video/audio playback, sometimes during file downloading. not at certain point when program opens or closes. it happens with virtually any programm running on computer.

Since you say this happens while using audio video applicns, and also while downloading files and running programs, there is a chance that its because of excessive fragmentation levels. I faced this and ran a check using the Windows built in and was advised to defrag. On a regular basis however its better to opt for a specialized software which can check and do the task automatically whenever needed. Gud Luck.

iky said:
Hello guys, Im new here. I got a problem - my Windows XP randomly freezes with motherboard making solid sound, at that point only thing I can do is to restart the system. It sounds to me like a hardware problem, but to be honest I dont even know where to start. If any of you can help me out Id be greatly appreciated.

It may not be spyware or a virus but it wouldn't hurt scanning for virus and checking to make sure you don't have spyware on your computer. Do a disk cleanup and defrag your drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom