i need a motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
if you're looking for a socket 939 PCI-E board my first choice would always be DFI....buuuut then again if you aren't into overclocking the BIOS options can be overwhelming.

But you will most likely never need to touch the BIOS except the boot priorioty's

The DFI Lanparty Ultra-D is cheaper than some of the boards you mentioned.

Yeah, I always think back to socket A where you would always have to go set your BIOS because it defaults at 100......but yeah all AMD64's should default to 200 so with the exception of some RAM won't default at it's set timings (I've only come across this once though) then yeah you generally shouldn't have to set anything.

This was on an MSI Neo2 plat and it was like 2-3-2-6 timed RAM and it didn't default to that....that was the only thing I had to set.

Most boot orders default to floppy, cd-rom, then HD.......but if you have SATA you'd need to specify

Whats with the continual bashing of gigabyte? Most motherboard manufacturers are up and down, fluxuating in quality where as gigabyte is always the same above average quality everytime you buy one of their boards. I remember when everyone used to take their dumps all over DFI my how the world changes =/

the k8nf-9 is a great board..

the a8v is a piece of crap (via chipsets suck)

the only other board that i might switch to (from your list) would be
-(Sckt939)GigaByte GA-K8NXP-SLI nForce4 SLI Chipset Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio (im very partial to this board)
or
-(Sckt939)ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio

edit:

diablo, my k8nxp-sli will out-overclock your dfi anyday =p

alright thanks alot for all this, looks like imma go for the gigabitek8nf-9 since its like 60$$$ cheaper, now all i need clearing up on is my monitors and OS lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom