Few basic case mod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I have an Antec steel case. It is your generic steel case, cost me $90. nice case, big, heavy, and sturdy as all hell. Whats the best wayn to cut it? A jigsaw? What is the best way to strip all the paint off of it? Just sand the hell out of it? Anyone got any suggestions like paper grit or whatnot?

Thanks all

You basically answered your own questions.....for these thick ass cases like mine is also, ya gotta use a jigsaw, dremel aint gonna cut it...literally......or if you have an air compressor by chance a good ole fashioned cutting wheel works great too......

For sanding I think you'd need around 800grit or so...you need it to be somewhat rough but you don't want to gouge your case and not have a smooth finish.

looks like you and me both are gunna do some case modding soon.

i gotta fit two 120mmx38mm monsters on the front and back of my case.

Yeah, I got a radiator to fit in (maybe 2) and a valve tree I'm going to put somewhere and I'm going to have to squeeze my pump(s) in somewhere. It's going to be quite a project.

The top of my case is rivited on, and i gotta take that peice off. Is there some sort of special way of removing the rivets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom