Overclocking 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a pretty damn good oc. for now i'm leaving my 6600gt at stock, i don't want to burn it out for now as it plays all games just fine, but when it starts struggling, i'll start ocing it until i buy a new card.

also a tip: don't leave it oced as you would a cpu. after you're done gaming turn the powerstrip settings back down to default. you can make a profile in powerstrip so anytime you want to you can just select you oc and go rather than go through the process to oc it all over again.

hope that made sense lol.

Yeah i had made the profile already. :) Is it damaging to leave it on the OC settings all the time even when in windows? Will my card 'burn out' quicker now? I've only just bought it! :O

Oh, I should return the settings to normal when not playing?
BTW-Haggard yeah, it's easy to OC with powerstrip, not burn ur card. lol.

...some1 asked if you need to keep the ratio, and the answer is no, you do not have to.
and yes, your card will "burn out" faster, but nothing you need to worry about. The life time whent down from 10 yrs to 9... by that time you will hopefully buy a new one.. lol ;)

Thats cool. I'm pretty sure i will buy a card in the next 10 years lol. Though i have had to take the overclocking down from 581/1072 to 575/1072 as when playing Farcry, i was seeing green flashes in places...

good thread, I want to keep this on file as one of my threads if I ever decide to OC my 6600GT.

Mine is PCI-E but the stock clock speeds are the same as yours, 500/1000.

I might take it to 530/1060 or so, cuz my GPU core temp right now is 54 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom