Xp Freezes at Spash Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenosoul

In Runtime
The problem I am having is that window xp pro freezes at the loading screen. I can boot to safe mode fine, but not normal.
I tried formating and installing a fresh copy of windows and it does the same thing. Just wondering if there is a solution to this problem.. BTW its my moms gateway

Athlon 1ghz
256 megs of ram
two 40 gig hard drives..

Thanks in advance

A normal xp.. and that cd has worked ever since i got the gateway... I know gateways are crap, but it did everything my mom needed it to do.. Yahoo games, email, web surfing

Did you get a chance to install any drivers or software or did it freeze on the first attemp to boot into windows?

Froze on the first attempt. The bar doesnt even get a quarter inch across the screen. It was working fine up until now

edit*Im now starting to think it maybe a hardware issue. I've jumped around on a couple of different forums (still am) and everyone that had this problem solved it by removing a bad piece of hardware (ie modem, nic card, video..etc)..
I'll have to try booting it up with the bare minimim of hardware and see what that does for me.

Turns out it was the keyboard that kept it from loading.. I tried a keyboard from a different computer and that solved it.. Must have gotten shorted out or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom