Upgrading 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaNox

Baseband Member
Recieved a computer that has Windows 95 on it, and I want to upgrade it to 98. I have the Windows 98 disk from another computer but when I tried to install it, a message came up that said it needed Windows 98 Upgrade. Is that a whole different CD that is going to cost me hundreds of dollars?

Well, personally, I would just create a Windows98 boot disk and then use fdisk to re-partition/re-format the drive and then install a clean instance of Windows 98. This is a new PC right? If there is no data that you want to save then don't bother with an upgrade or just removing the windows directory in DOS. This is a silly response as you will have to install the applications that were on this machine all over again anyway.
If you need assistance with any of the above functions with your Windows 98 boot disk, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

-Michael

Mike is right if you hae the full version of windows 98 you might as well use it. There are plenty of drivers out there so that you can update the old computer to windows 98 without any problems. Also it is alot easier to do.

did some one say windows 95 and new in the same sentance :confused: i think not lol (windows 95 is sooo behind the times) no offense to anyone who still uses the old thing :p

97lt2959 said:
did some one say windows 95 and new in the same sentance :confused: i think not lol (windows 95 is sooo behind the times) no offense to anyone who still uses the old thing :p

Uh...new as in, "just got it" not new as in, "brand new off the shelves computer"

ok me thinks my post was one of those where you post thinking your saying something witty and then the next day you relise you were talknig complete and utter sh1t. so just ignore me.

But his first post did say windows 95 so...? anyways ignore me :)

Well, maybe silly was a bad word. But, in my opinion, the assistance given in that post was a little...well.....silly.
Sorry, really no offense meant. I just really enjoy tech forums such as this one, and to keep people coming back, I believe in true assistance and well-thought out responses.
By the way, Luna, was everything figured out ok?

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom