Super Cheap Vid Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have my main comp up and running for the most part, but now, my backup AMD machine's FX5200 is dying, and has been for some time. I have no idea what cards are good and what cards are bad, but I know I am broke and need a card that's between 20 and 30 bucks before the 5200 fries itself.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814164050

The above card has a Xabre GPU, is xabre any good at all?

I am looking for something that will display Paint Shop Pro 9, animation shop, video files, and some older 3D games, paticularly Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, low settings are acceptable.

Dood ill send ya my old one for free geforce 400/440 mx 64mb on board not the best but i can run FF11 and WOW on it

leave your address ill send it to you if you want it

Umm if you plan on playing games that card wont get you anywhere, but if you are a standard user (MS Word + Email), yeah thats a good card.

Go for an ATi Radeon 7000 or 8500. I know for sure that the 8500 will play games quite decently, and I think that the 7000 should be ok too.

pwjayleedy said:
Dood ill send ya my old one for free geforce 400/440 mx 64mb on board not the best but i can run FF11 and WOW on it

Does the card keep cool? Is it a AGP 4x/8x? I'll gladly scrape a few bucks to send you for shipping. I will PM you my address if you reply to this post again.

I'll look at those radeons mentioned above.

i have a radeon 7200 ati all in wonder nad it runs halo, battlefield 1942, warcraft 3 at decent settings
not sure how much it costs but i got mine from my uncle when he upgraded
it is currently in my gateway which had no gfx card b4

You can do what you want with the MX440. That card isnt as bad as everyone makees it out to be. It does real well for what it's got.

It can do HL2? THATS impressive! It does struggle with Doom, but Doom is riduculously demanding! So is HL2, which is why I'm suprised it plays it. CSS is no suprise though, counter strike never took too much to run.

ohGrFreak said:
Does the card keep cool? Is it a AGP 4x/8x? I'll gladly scrape a few bucks to send you for shipping. I will PM you my address if you reply to this post again.

You cannot go wrong with a free MX440. Take him up on that offer.

The card does stay pretty cool, and it is agp 4x I believe.

pwjayleedy said:

You now have PM with my name, address and email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom