What would you change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtndew9

Baseband Member
DFI NF4 LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Processor (Venice) Socket 939 Retail

Zalman CNPS7700-CU CPU Cooler Retail

Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPRO 1GB Kit DDR400 XMS3200 Xtra-Low Latency Dual-Channel ProSeries Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer and Serial ATA

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3200826AS 200GB Serial ATA

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Limited Edition

PLEXTOR DVD+/-RW PX-712SA/SW-BL RTL - Retail

Antec NeoPower 480W Power Supply Retail

CASE COOLERMAS ATXM TAC-T01-E1C RT

CPU THERMPASTE|ARCTIC SILVER5 3.5G%

Thank you,
mtndew9

I would change the ram to something like ocz platinum rev. 2 or g. skill or something like that. That's if you're planning to overclock. Other than that, looks good. Nice choice of power supply I love mine.

Damn, thats a nice setup. You going to overclock? If you are, I would knock the CPU down to the Venice 3200+ and OC the hell outta that badboy, as you'll be able to hit some sick speeds with that one.

I would also do as Luxar says, I'm not very fond of Corsair and neither is Nubius or anyone else at xtremesystems. But thats cuz we are all overclockers, or overclockers in training, so at stock speeds the XMS perform very well.

Him said:
I'm not very fond of Corsair and neither is Nubius or anyone else at xtremesystems. But thats cuz we are all overclockers, or overclockers in training, so at stock speeds the XMS perform very well.

Wrong. The Corsair XMS does great at hitting high FSB for me.

Can go 235 fine. (havn't pushed farther b/c of voltage limitation on MB)

Don't worry about the Corsair ram, they are trustworthy and you will definatly like them. Personally hate OCZ, but G Skill is good.

So it looks like OCZ people hate Corsair and Corsair people hate OCZ. I love OCZ, as does Nubius, and everyone over at XS.

And I'm not WRONG, it's my opinion.

I would like to overclock in the future. But I would be new to it and I wanted something that would be rock solid for now. My last build lasted 5 years but now I'm having trouble running Guild Wars. I haven't played CS, Far Cry, HL2, or Doom3 because my system need to be upgraded. I'm hoping this build will last awhile. I thought the low Latency ram 2-2-2-5 was the way to go? Thank you for the replies.

BTW I'll be purchasing today. Thank you guys for the replies. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Him said:
I love OCZ, as does Nubius, and everyone over at XS..

God I swear I've heard this 5 times in the last 10 minutes I've been browsing the forums...

Nubius likes this... XS likes this... I LIKE THIS!!!

Don't get me wrong, Nubius is a very knowledgable person, but it almost seems like his opinions run half of the forum's opinions.

Well, thats because people listen to his opinion over much anyone elses. And the people over at XS know what the hell they are talking about, moreso than I would say anyone else here, so I would listen to them.

Alex81388 said:
Wrong. The Corsair XMS does great at hitting high FSB for me.

Can go 235 fine. (havn't pushed farther b/c of voltage limitation on MB)

Don't worry about the Corsair ram, they are trustworthy and you will definatly like them. Personally hate OCZ, but G Skill is good.

235, that number is self explanatory

My value ram goes up to 221 with 2.8 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom