Jackpot Baby!!! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man you are amazingly lucky! Like someone else said, go buy a few XP licenses and sell em! If you get $300 off of each, you could make $200 a machince! Holy Crap! That is $6800 if you sell all 29 pcs!!!!! Then you could build a sweet PC and still use the servers as well!! Wow....

But the idea of fixing them up and giving them away is cool too, I would do the same. But.....I would totally sell a good amount of them...

Then again if you cluster them, you would have a pimp computer....but taht would take a lot of space, so I would sell em.

Looks like you have a lot of formating HHDs to do! I can just picture someone in their living room with 29 PCs hooked up formating at the same time, lol....well, good luck on that. YYou are a lucky fool! I dream of this happening to me!!

Look at it like this:

If it takes you 4 hours per PC, and you sell them for $300 a peice (minus $100 for the cost of the OS) you will be making $50/hr for each one you do! Thats insane! Just make them pay for shipping, and you are golden. Hell, for 2.2, you could prolly get 400 or maybe even 500 a machine!

I agree, selling them would make a ton of cash. And I think 4 hours a pc is very generous. If the main thing you have to do is format and reinstall the OS, do what I said. Go spend about $20 and by lots of powerstripsl. Hook up all the PCs, stack them up, hook a monitor up to the first one, start formating, hook up to the next, format, next, and so on. Would take about one hour to get all of them started formating and by that time, the first ones might be done. Then go back through and install the OS....do the same thing there and one hour later, you are chilling while you have 29 PCs installing an OS around you. So, if you do it that way, you could get all 29 PCs ready to sell in an afternoon! Well, that is if everyone is working properly. So you would have to spend a few minutes testing each one, but man, you would make a crap load of money. Heh. Wow, I cant get over how lucky you are! Let us know what you are gonna do!

And I agree, you could at least get 400 for each one! Just stick a few on ebay each week, and see what happens!

Internet cafe! Set those up for ppl to check e-mail and run ie. Once the buisness takes off add some gaming machines :) You can start it in your garage, just get a big pipe into your house and your set :)

lol

If you bought a VLK version with 29 licenses, that would be alot less than buying 29 seperate copies of Windows. Than you could make even MORE money!

Ya, dont but individual licenses, by them in bulk. I believe for the Home Edition of XP, you could buy them for $50 a pop or less.

I think it's actually some $30 a license if you buy a bunch. It gets super cheap!

You could use it as a server and sell webspace/games server off of it, but that would nick your connection....

Damn... You guys are making me drool. Yeah, i've got a ton of possibilites here. I have to hook my friend up with something out of this deal. If it wasn't for him, they would be in the town dump. "What a depressing thought."

I guess when people with little to no knowledge about computers decide to upgrade their city munciple offices with new PC's they figure the OLD PC's aren't worth much but to pile up in the dump.
woohoo... Thanks god for stupid people!!!
The only thing is I need to find some drivers for these 2350 MOBO's. May-be I should just call Dell and talk to india for an hour or so?

LOL - My wife just called and asked, "What the hell are all of those Computers doing in my living room?" hahaha... I told her i'm turning our house into an internet cafe. LOL - She said, "Yeah, you'll be sleeping in the street." ha right...

These things are freakin' nasty inside. Lot's of dust and grime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom