Overclocking in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
How does one overclock through software? I know thats how you OC video cards, but I was recently told that you can overclock through Windows. Can someone tell me what tools you use, and point me in the direction of them? That sounds like something that is worth looking into.

be careful and only go at 1mhz or so increments, jumps of 4 or more can freeze you totally. also you have to redo it every-time you enter windows. and if im not mistaken you get a higher over-clock stable if you do it in windows, but a very marginal gain... so over-all i would suggest just using it to get a feel of where your comp can hit,.

Thats what I was planning to do. Someone told me that this was the best way to overclock. (no names)

I really would have to do it each time I went back into Windows? I dont like that, guess I'll just never turn off my computer! I never do anyway. Actually, i did this morning. Thats a first in months.

I heard that overclocking in Windows is more dangerous than doing it from the BIOS.

Someone told me that this was the best way to overclock. (no names)
Good thing you put no names cause I'd have to be evil..........overclocking in windows is THE WORST way you can possibly overclock......I suggest you don't even try it or even get used to it at all.....stick to the BIOS

Thats the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks. The rat is who it was.

Ohh god my very bad experiences with OC through windows with my special Abit Guru Utility that came with my board. Why would they give people options to OC in windows, monitoring is fine, not OC.

Why dont you just spill the beans and tell us who it was?

I got to 2016 in windows (from 1836) until what ever I did, it would not be stable. I got to 2070 in the BIOS before I realised it wasn't stable (I blame the BIOS, as I can't overclock 1mhz now, without losing the ability to play games.

Names! :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom