ThinkPad LCD Disassemble

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaTinyDragon

Solid State Member
taking off the lcd would result in you taking your computer apart cause you have to unplug some wires in the computer to completly remove the lcd so i would start with unplugging those wires and if theres rubber stoppers on the lcd then the screws are probably underneath those. Otherwise just look around for screws on the lcd to take it apart

I got an IBM Thinkpad. It is by any chance the A series? Maybe the A31? Mine's pretty messed up as well, but was very very easy to take apart.

Yeah their fairly easy to take apart

Things to remeber

-Use a digital camera and take pictures of everything so you can put it back together

-Make sure you ground yourself while working on the laptop

lol, ok hey! I too apart everything and now I don't have a clue on what to do, like I said before, my ThinkPad had a black screen but everything else works fine. So.... I am stuck..

:confused: :eek:

You should have known that before hand man. Check the inverter board, they are usually the first things to go.

I know, see I was waiting for my bro to check it, but not until laterr. So hold on, I am at the point where I removed the frame of the LCD but now I still have the LCD sheet thingy attached to the back cover. Any ideas on how to remove it?

It is still screwed in. Did you unscrew the screws from the side? There are little black sticky thigns over the screws, so they are hard to see. Just pop them off with a knife or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom