Jackpot Baby!!! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit load of firewalls? Could do a lot of things with it, like that help cure cancer thing, you donate spare cpu cycles. Nice find though.

-Ryan

I just picked up the motherload!!! Holy CRAP!!!

I've got 29 Dell 2350's - Most of which look like they have P4 2.2GHz CPU's - PC 2100 DDR 256MB - They do have HDD's in them - Mostly Maxtor 40GIG IDE's a couple of 80GIGS. All have CD-ROM drives.

I've got 4 IBM Netvista Desktop PC's, haven't opened them up yet.

And I took 2 IBM Servers of some kind. Haven't opened those up yet either.

All in all it was a pretty nice find. I have no idea what i'm going to do with this stuff. I don't even know where i'm going to store it. I might just break each one down to components and throw away the cases and MOBOS.

May-be i'll build a few Media Center PC's and sell them. Or may-be a few audio distribution PC's.

I've got a lot of work ahead of me. So i'll update later...

Go and buy some licenses for XP and sell those suckers off!

Those are some nice PCs. What kinda company throws out P4s? WTF!?

(Jaw dropped wide open)

JESUS CHRIST!!! That is an insane catch!!! 29 pc's, and you imagine most of them have a 2.2 in them?! Thats ridiculous! You should cluster a bunch, like 10. Then you would have a 22ghz machine!!!

lucky dog, i need a new processer (2.8 celeron and 1.8 p4 is what i have on my two computers)

my computer sucks for gaming

Yeah the city of Fairfield, CT. I'm not sure why they didn't just donate them to schools. Although, the schools probably have all new PC's too. You see the city of Fairfield is VERY affluent. Fairfield County in general is affluent. Many, Many Celebrities own house in this portion of CT.

My buddy who works for the town, "Maintence worker" said they were going to be dropped off at the dump very soon. So i guess the timing was perfect.

I googled these PC's Dell 2350 and i'm finding that they are worth like $350 - $400. All the specs are what i'm finding in these. I don't think this model is very old though. May-be 3-4 years? Tops?

Interesting stuff. Yeah... I've got so many possibilities right now with these things. May-be I can fix a few up and donate them to a few elderly centers or something... May-be catch a tax break at the end of next year.

Cluster Bunching? I haven't done that yet... THat would be freakin' cool... All right , i'll be back later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom