Monitor Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaNox

Baseband Member
I have a laptop (Toshiba Satellite) that has an 800x600 monitor size (at least I think it does) but when I go into the settings on the Display Properties and it says:

Display: Digital Flat Panel (1024x768) on XPERT 98 (English)

But the problem is the icons and everything look huge. Is there a way to change this?

I don't know what OS you are running, but on win 9X you can "right click" on an empty part of the desktop. That will bring up the display properties window. Click on the settings tab. There should be a slider in the lower right portion of the box. You should be able to move the slider to the available screen resolutions.
I don't know if it works the same way with XP.

Best of luck

works the same for all Windows OS's. Right click, properties... and the rest is all there...
With LCD's you have a max that you can't go past, some will let you get larger, but then expand the viewable area beyond the actual screen. In this case, you have to move the mouse past the area, and the image will shift to suit. 1024x768 is a pretty good standard for Laptops. The larger and newer models go to 1600x1200 and larger...

All right... well, the Icons are pretty much normal, but like certain things such as the IM and when I fill in certain forms and such, the text is really huge. But really the window size and everything is pretty much fine. So what I need to figure out is how to get the text size to normal.

You can change the visable text size from the display properties advanced area....
keep us posted.

I changed the font size, and now for the most part the font size is normal. Except for some forms and also on AOL the IM text is huge. Could it be a setting in AOL that I need to change?

well then... thanks! But I suppose you have no idea what the setting would be right?

I have decided that it's no an AOL problem. When I go into the Windows Help and Support, it also has very large text size. It's mostly just when I type in something. Also... when I recieve my e-mails on AOL I can't view the whole screen (reply/forward etc..) and instead have to maximize the window.

Ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom