hardware question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle1479

Baseband Member
I've got a small question for anyone. My friend has 2 computers which he's been having some problems with. He asked me how to sync or mirror one computer to the other. Is this possible and how do you do it? He has an IBM computer and a laptop, and he's wanting the same things on the laptop as he has on the main IBM computer. I hope I'm posting this question in the appropriate place. Thank you all in advance:D

Do you want to mirror the entire install or just some files?

You couldn't mirror the entire install very well because the Hardware config of the laptop is going to be drastically different from that of the desktop. If you've changed too many hardware components, windows will think you're trying to install the OS on multiple computers and shut it down.

For just some files, I use a utility called Backitup. You can download it here http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/157/15761.htm

Thank you so much for that. I'll email him and let him and ask him what he was planning to do with all of that. If it's just files as you mentioned, then I'll give him this web addy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom