512MB to 1GB, or 333 to 400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Okies. I think I'll get anything with just about a name :) . I think samsung is the largest RAM manufacturer :rolleyes: . Anyways...I've spotted some samsung and infineon ram on ebay that's cheap :D .

if you are not maxing out your RAM now (which you probably are not) , you will not see ANY difference in performance. Back when i built my PC, i had Corsair 256 XMS RAM, cuz i was low on budget. After a few months, i bought another stick of 256, and did not see any difference. I was running photoshop, games and stuff, but still, no improvement; don't let the ""MB"" of ram appeal to you. You Need SPEED

pc_boy said:
if you are not maxing out your RAM now (which you probably are not) , you will not see ANY difference in performance. Back when i built my PC, i had Corsair 256 XMS RAM, cuz i was low on budget. After a few months, i bought another stick of 256, and did not see any difference. I was running photoshop, games and stuff, but still, no improvement; don't let the ""MB"" of ram appeal to you. You Need SPEED

that is bull. if you have xp with 1-3 extra programs 256mb is fine. if you have 10-20 extra programs like most people, you need 512. you obvious have never ran ram in dual channel mode either.

now if you do video editing you need at 1 gig. Adobe Premiere requires just that much to run. if you do a lot of video editing you need more.

if you have a small processor, you won't notice that much difference. I argued your point here before and they made a fool of me. they also gave me a tip on how to speed up my computers

http://www.techist.com/showthread.p...e=15&highlight=ram 2600 amd 3200&pagenumber=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom