Thermal pad or Artic silver 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
First of all I was just wondering about something I saw a few videos about arctic silver

And thermal pads I put arctic silver on I used to have a thermal pad my question is which

Is better and if I stick with artic silver how often do I have to use it because I noticed that

Pad just stays on there and melts and is a real ***** to clean up but does this mean I will

Have to take off my heat sink and put more arctic silver 5 on every month or two or just

Once? I was just wondering because I bought a new heat sink and fan and removed the

Old one and when I was here before people said arctic silver was the way to go so I got

Some of that but some guy told me that I shouldnÂ’t use it unless I was going to remove

The heat sink multiple times. He said thermal pads are for long term artic silver is true so

Since IÂ’m paranoid I brought this case to you guys to see what you had to say thank you

All for your time and help.

ok.......I don't know why your whole paragraph is split into sentences like that, but that's really annoying to read....

Thermal pads SUCK

AS5 is the best stuff you can get, and whatever moron suggested that AS5 isn't meant for long term use is just that......a moron.....

use AS5 for a year if you want and it'll be fine, but yes you need to put a new coat on every time you remove the heatsink. AS5 takes 200 hours of heating up and cooling down to reach it's "optimal" stage of cooling efficiency.

Don't ever mix AS5 and a thermal pad together either.

Well thanks for the help then and if your wonder why everything is split well I can barley

See the monitor even this close due to the fact my mother always did tell me not to sit to

Close to the TV IÂ’m blind as a bat dood. So to make it easier for myself I leave spaces so I

Can read it myself because if I donÂ’t use spaces itÂ’s a big ass blur I need laser sugary or

Something it really sucks well thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom