PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGE_AREA (error causing me to crash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystikast

Baseband Member
I will get BSOD and crash to this message, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGE_AREA, can't figure out why. Help please! WINXP home!

boot into safe mode...go to the properties of the %username% and select the security tab. click on advance>owners> and take ownership of it. ensure that you select the box to replace the owner on all subfolders... and apply the permissions.

Couldn't get it to work so I decided to reformat thought it might of been a virus. Bad news, still crashing with a fresh new winXP, same error. Please help!

I don't remember exactly what it was, but I think it is a ram problem. the timing aren't set correctly. I won't swear to it. it has been about 2 years since I seen it

try setting your bios to the defaults

edit. or maybe it was something in the mbr (master boot record). if this is the case use powermax to wipe the hard drive clean (it will clean it out). then install windows

Your harddrive may be failing. Do you have enough disk space on c:? If you have another harddrive try installing windows on that and see if it fixes it. Otherwise if its ram you may need to replace a stick. Get the ms memory tester:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
that aps works great and its free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom