ATI, Nvidia, etc..... just paying for the name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a 6600 gt not supported? I don't get it.

Oh and btw I wish I had an x850 xt :), I only have x800 :(

And I don't play aao solely, I played some wolfenstein game once, then I realized the nades are a joke compared to aao.

And who really buys a top of the line card and expect it to last 4 years anyway? Cards get outdated way faster than that. Most gamers have to upgrade their video cards every 2 years or so depending on how much they care. I just think that by the time sm3 becomes mainstream ati will already be utilizing it and most of the x800/x850/6600/6800 series will be pretty much outdated. Nvidia just hopped on the bandwagon a little sooner, I don't think that ati did everyone some kind of injustice like all you are saying. But then again this forum is 99% nvidia users so I guess it will always be that way. I will purchase a nvidia when they run aao better :D

and is aao really a directx 8.1 game? When you install aao it asks if you want to install directx 9c, and I'm positive you need to have 9c to run it, nothing less. I just assume they would be up to date with directx in the game if they always stay up to date with unreal.

It would surprise you AND me but there a lot of people. I use to work at Futureshop and people would come and ask me when they buy GPUs. They are like oh man this card is $700 (I live in Canada what do you expect?) and they are like IT MUST last me forever right? I reply with a resounding NO. But considering that PS 3 games are coming out THIS Fall already most of the people I know who are pissed are the ones who just recently bought a ATI card (I'm talking in the last 6 months).

Also, I never played AAO but if it needs DX9.0c it DOESN'T mean it is running in DX9 it just means it needs that software. For example, to play HL2 you need a DX9 compatible card but MANY people mistake that for meaning you need a DX9 COMPLIANT card. That is totally different. DX9 compatible just means it is compatible with DX9 software. DX9 compliant means it meets DX9 standards therefore it has the tech inside. That is why X850XT is actually only DX9.0b complaint and 6800 is DX9.0c compliant. I know people with 9200 playing HL2 and they have DX9.0c software installed but are playing in DX8.1. There is more to DX software than just visuals. It includes sound and all that stuff.

I cant even get to medium on far cry (thats because my card is unsupported).
dude for one if your card is not supported then you have A BIG problem man. and even my dad gets medium on his old Radeon9000 evil commando. BTW would you seriously thin i use AA on Farcry or Doom3? HA no i cant cause yes it does lag. but if i mentioned AA then i was tlking about for BF1942 cause i use 8xAA and 4xAF on that game on high settings. for Doom3 and Farcry i can only use high settings on 800x600 but if i OC (which i will soon cause i just got a new HEatpipe for it YIPPIE!!:p ) i can get 1024x768 on high settings w/ those games. Halflife2 is a diff story though cause i cant use DX9 on it so i can use all my settings maxed and it gives me 30fps:D :cool:

what the hell has this thread gone onto? This crap needs to be closed...........thought that's why there was that whole month long "mod discussion" to be on top of threads like this

Yea I do, it's better than my x800 xt pe. I wouldn't buy one to upgrade from this because it's too small of a jump. What do I care of ps3 lol? Not the person to convince of that. I would only buy a nvidia if they outperformed ati at d3d games anyway. I have no plans to play any of the games that will include ps3. BF2 is the only game I'm even considering to buy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom