NSIS Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jykevo21

Solid State Member
How can I get a program off my computer, that when I try to uninstall it gives an error message (NSIS Error: The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.)? Should I use the /NCRC command line switch, and if so how?

open the registry, goto hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall
find the Limewire install, you can do this by pressing ctrl+f or clicking edit find, and type in what you see in add remove programs, i.e. the name of the program as it appears to you. It should pull up a key there. Copy the uninstall string and paste it into a response.

ENGLAND STONER

I'm feed up being feed with smoke. listen 2 the man, the man, u CAN FIND HIM!

If that dont work, install limewire over itself and then try to delete it or uninstall it.

I tried installing it over itself, but when i do that it tries to remove the other version during installation then stops, and gives me the NSIS Error message again.

Ok....Well this time go to c:\program files\Limewire and delete the contents of that folder. If it wont let you delete it, rename the file or all files, highlight them all at once and rename them, reboot and then try to delete it. Let us know.

oh, from what I can gather, the error is caused by one of several possible problems.
Install the .NET fromework 1.1- see if that fixed it?
Corrupt installation or file. Need to manually delete the files off the machine and then reinstall and have it uninstall it.
make sure you have enought freespace on your machine. i.e >1 gb

The NIS error is from this...
Nullsoft Scriptable Install System - http://nsis.sourceforge.net/
Read up on it if you need more infor and there are forums there that will provide details to the problem. To much info for me to go through...
if you don't get the program to uninstall, then look here for manual removel instructions.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="Limewire"+manual+removal

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom