WOW! Good Lord: ATI is back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think futuremark is biased to ATI. Both nvidia and ati have used shortcuts in their drivers to cut corners and yield higher scores in benchmarks. I'm not sure if nvidia is still doing that but I know that ATI now offers the option of adjusting how many corners you want to cut. It's called catalyst ai and you can adjust how aggressively you want the card to cut corners and sacrifice a little bit of visual for better performance.

Anyways seems like a nice overclock that guy pulled. Of course the nvidia fanboys have to come in here and try to rain on ati's parade, it never fails. They could just not post their stupid nvidia fanboy comments but they just feel they have to. They're just pissed that ATI beat nvidia, go cry about it...

I've got a question about ATI Crossfire:

It says, "You can use older versions of X850XT & X800XT with a new X850XT CF Edition or a X800XT CF Edition." NOW, the older versions do they have to be PCI Express or can you use AGP also? I also read something about an PCI Express to AGP bridge being available sometime. Anyone know?

EDIT: Well I just found this that seems like you might be able to use either PCI Express or AGP.
http://www.theregister.com/2005/05/31/ati_crossfire/

I don't think futuremark is biased to ATI.
It's a known fact that futuremark eats out of ATI's pockets......it's not just "an nvidia fan boy" spouting crap for the hell of it......do research and you'll find that out.......futuremark will always have the latest ATI drivers approved right away whereas for nvidia it'll take months.

Besides you're the last person I want to hear talking about crying as you do nothing BUT do that crap anytime someone doesn't completely agree ATI and Intel are the best....everyone was happy that you left, why do you have to 'rain on the parade' that is TF and come back.

I want actual game benchmarks...I'm fully ready to give ATI recognition, but not over this crossfire crap.....it's looking like the R520 might be better than the G70 inwhich I'm ready to see whether that's the truth or not.....ATI has done a shotty job of these last generation cards, and quickly threw out the X850 series to say "oh see yeah we got a better flagship card" when the 6800Us had been out forever......

Buuuuuut I still stick to the main fact I want to see G70 vs R520......then I will make my own personal decision on who's looking up this next generation.

Macci did an awesome job overclocking, and as I said, no doubt they are powerful single card solutions, but it's a known freakin fact that futuremark and ATI are bed buddies and the fact that those ridiculously expensive cards are lacking shader instructions.....sad really.....so go ahead and say "meh those dont matter" which is BS.....if they dont matter, lost coast would have been released already

I also read something about an PCI Express to AGP bridge being available sometime. Anyone know?
Yeah, albatron I believe is going to be making that........I only read one tiny article about it, with no actual performance marks to it, just a pic and saying "it will come out"

To tell you the truth nubius, i don't give a crap if it's Nvidia or ATI. As long as I can play my games with excellent resolution and performance.

If futuremark "EATS" out of ATI's hand, why does that concern me? New technology is cool to talk about if it's ATI or Nvidia. I'm not a fanboy of either or. I have both, AS YOU KNOW. I also have both Intel & AMD.

To tell you the truth nubius, i don't give a crap if it's Nvidia or ATI. As long as I can play my games with excellent resolution and performance.
True that....I completely agree, I'll be honest and tell you I've always preferred nvidia, but the R520 is looking to be pretty awesome so it'll probably sway my decision, BUT it's the whole SLI and Crossfire thing I really dislike, it's stupid and a waste IMO, but yeah to each their own because I'm not going to get into that why....regarding SM3, it WILL be predominate in the future...so it's weird that ATI has taken so long to impliment it and I even posted an article the other week about them having issues with it being added to the R520.

If futuremark "EATS" out of ATI's hand, why does that concern me?
It wasn't for you, it was for the little intel/ati hardcore fan above who says the same old crap everytime a thread like this appears "ehh its just the nvidia fan boys making excuses" when in reality what he thinks are "excuses" are real time facts.

Go to xtremesystems.org where theres hundreds of peoples a LOT smarter than I and basically everyone else here and they will tell you the same that futuremark leans towards ATI quite heavily.

Also yes I agree new tech is indeed awesome to talk about...as I've said like 3 times now, I'm mainly waiting to see G70 vs R520, and although theres been millions of rumors of actual specs the R520 seems like it might be in the lead which is cool, I'll give it it's due deserved respect for that assuming it actually does turn out that way.

I always say that the 9xxx destroyed the FX series, but then I feel nvidia came back to win it this generation but ATI'ers are saying NAH NAH ATI WON only because ATI then came up with something months later, that's like comparing apples and oranges........nvidia created a set of cards a year ago and haven't changed anything cause it sells

You know what I can't understand. Why can't NVIDIA & ATI team up with their respected Motherboard makers and design a motherboard with the freakin' GPU and RAM built right into the MOBO. It would be exactly like the CPU. Special Socket you could add a GPU fan & Heatsink. The MOBO would have special Power supply connecters, come with like 256 of RAM and have expansion slots to upgrade video memory. Stuff like that. Can that be done? Screw these freakin' cards. Putting huge cards Perpendicular to the motherboard and having huge VGA coolers taking up valuable PCI slots. Integrate it all in to the MOBO. Screw PCI Express & AGP - Full MOBO integrated GPU & PPU support. That's where it's at for me. What do you think Nubius?

Well Nvidia could do that thereself since they already make quite nice motherboard chipsets then could just make a graphical chipset or something of that origin. Better get patents HAVOC!

HAVOC2k5 said:
You know what I can't understand. Why can't NVIDIA & ATI team up with their respected Motherboard makers and design a motherboard with the freakin' GPU and RAM built right into the MOBO. It would be exactly like the CPU. Special Socket you could add a GPU fan & Heatsink. The MOBO would have special Power supply connecters, come with like 256 of RAM and have expansion slots to upgrade video memory. Stuff like that. Can that be done? Screw these freakin' cards. Putting huge cards Perpendicular to the motherboard and having huge VGA coolers taking up valuable PCI slots. Integrate it all in to the MOBO. Screw PCI Express & AGP - Full MOBO integrated GPU & PPU support. That's where it's at for me. What do you think Nubius?
because then if people want to upgrade their video card, they also have to upgrade their motherboard

Yeah, but i'm talking about some super GPU and some crazy memory. That wouldn't need to be upgraded for a few years. I think it should be done.

It would look sweet to have to identical ZALMAN HS&FANS next to each other, ONE CPU & ONE GPU.

I think we'll see it some day soon.

Nubius said:
True that....I completely agree, I'll be honest and tell you I've always preferred nvidia, but the R520 is looking to be pretty awesome so it'll probably sway my decision, BUT it's the whole SLI and Crossfire thing I really dislike, it's stupid and a waste IMO, but yeah to each their own because I'm not going to get into that why....regarding SM3, it WILL be predominate in the future...so it's weird that ATI has taken so long to impliment it and I even posted an article the other week about them having issues with it being added to the R520.

It wasn't for you, it was for the little intel/ati hardcore fan above who says the same old crap everytime a thread like this appears "ehh its just the nvidia fan boys making excuses" when in reality what he thinks are "excuses" are real time facts.

Go to xtremesystems.org where theres hundreds of peoples a LOT smarter than I and basically everyone else here and they will tell you the same that futuremark leans towards ATI quite heavily.

Also yes I agree new tech is indeed awesome to talk about...as I've said like 3 times now, I'm mainly waiting to see G70 vs R520, and although theres been millions of rumors of actual specs the R520 seems like it might be in the lead which is cool, I'll give it it's due deserved respect for that assuming it actually does turn out that way.

I always say that the 9xxx destroyed the FX series, but then I feel nvidia came back to win it this generation but ATI'ers are saying NAH NAH ATI WON only because ATI then came up with something months later, that's like comparing apples and oranges........nvidia created a set of cards a year ago and haven't changed anything cause it sells
k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom