P4 630 X Amd 64 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
ciroalb said:
Do you guys really think AMD will beat out Intel now in the average stuff?

You'll never get a good strait answer from this place,99% of all people here are biased toward's AMD,If you ask about just upgrading a dam cd-rom you'll get fifty people screaming to uprade everything you have and get a huge AMD system :mad:

For what you want to do Intel sounds like the better option. I would with that. And even if you did want to game intel will do just fine. This intel I have get's crazy high fps and high benchmarks and multitasks like a beast too. And the one you are considering is even better than mine.

Is not that people are bias toward AMD, is just that AMD is better for gaming and single processing. Benchmarks have proven that. I will admit that there are certain areas where AMD cannot compete with an Intel. I have two computers. One is running with an Athlon 4000+ and the other running 2.8 Ghz. I tested both rigs by torturing them by running photoshop, burning DVD, winamp, using AIM, and playing a game at the same time. The Intel processor certainly alt tab faster and there was less delay than the athlon processor.

Most people choose athlon because it is significantly cheaper and most people nowaday plays computer games or just do some simple multi-tasks on their computer. You see the Athlon 3200+ is currently 199 in newegg and the Pentium 630 is 225. Price does make a difference, and Athlons are much easier to overclock from my own experience.

I have a question about the P4 600 series.

They say that it supports 64 bit software, but is it also a 64 bit processor like an AMD 64? Or does it just support 64 bit software.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, someone asked me once & I was like waaaa?

Some peopl think that EMT which means emulated I forget the rest, means that it isn't really 64 bit, but it is just the same like amd.

AMD has Hyper Transport, Intel does not... so there...
And why would i care about the multitasking in Intel? Whoopee!! The most multi tasking an average person will do is listen to music and using Photoshop... AMD can handle that !! ;)

By that same token intel will handle gaming just fine with the loss of a few fps.
The differences are minimal either way. I game on my intel and get fps between 40 and 90 while running a bunch of programs. On my AMD I get a few less fps because I overclocked it a little bit but it is still a little bit under my intel 3.4, and it does not multitask nearly as well and alt-tabbing out of game is much slower, etc.

Shumway said:
You'll never get a good strait answer from this place,99% of all people here are biased toward's AMD,If you ask about just upgrading a dam cd-rom you'll get fifty people screaming to uprade everything you have and get a huge AMD system :mad:

I'm am not bais. I have 2 of both computers. I thought intel was better at first, because that was what I was always told. but I figured out on my own that with the exception of video editong and clicking the mouse, AMD is superior in everything else

AMD gives you much better performance for the price, simply put. Plus I personally like the extended configurations the Athlon 64 offers over Intel based systems, but that's a small deciding factor for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom