AMD 64 x2 dual cores...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
People can finaly pre order them :)

Charles,

Thank you for choosing TigerDirect as your source for AMD products. This month we are announcing the release of the new DUAL CORE TECHNOLOGY PROCESSORS from AMD.

INTRODUCING: The AMD ATHLON™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor
Do more in less time. The industry's evolution to multi-core processing is once again marked by AMD's leadership and dedication to customer-centric innovation with the launch of the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core processor.

The AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core processor family allows businesses and consumers to do more in less time, enabling true multi-tasking while taking client computing to a whole new level.
AMD's leadership with multi-core processors follows the company's success with 64-bit computing. Both innovations illustrate the strategic focus to solve customer challenges while also providing technology breakthroughs to fuel the possibilities of tomorrow.
Customers will realize an immediate benefit from AMD multi-core processors with the capability to run multimedia and security applications with increased performance, as well as enjoy new levels of multi-tasking capabilities – allowing multiple applications to run simultaneously – and an enhanced multimedia experience when using multi-threaded applications.
AMD, along with its partners, is in a technological leadership position as our client dual-core solution marks the planned, natural evolution of the AMD64 architecture, designed from the ground up and compatible with today's 939-pin infrastructure, providing the least disruption to customers.
TigerDirect wants to give our loyal AMD customers the opportunity to pre-order the new line of Dual-Core Processors before the rush comes in. To find out how you can take advantage visit the Dual-Core page now.

Athlon 64 4200+ with Fan
Socket 939 - 2000MHz FSB w/ HyperTransport Technology $565.99

Athlon 64 4400+ with Fan
Socket 939 - 2000MHz FSB w/ HyperTransport Technology $599.99

Athlon 64 4600+ with Fan
Socket 939 - 2000MHz FSB w/ HyperTransport Technology $787.00

Athlon 64 4800+ with Fan
Socket 939 - 2000MHz FSB w/ HyperTransport Technology $981.00

Even though its tigerdirect.......... There cheaper than what i thought they would be..... They just wont list what cores they are :(

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/amddualcore/index.asp?SRCCODE=WEBRB263&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL

The FSB is running at 2ghz dude... That is pretty high! But still, the clock is only 200mhz faster... I'm confused. Those things better be beasts! Well, with a ratio like that, i imeagine they are going to be. That temp is mad low too. My video card idles at that!

What worries me is sometimes my AC needs to be turned off, and my CPU temps start to hit that because im constantly running several programs.

Looks like YOU need a better cooling solution.

May I recommend water cooling? Possibly, if you feel ballsy enough, phase cooling? You could get one of those badboys and OC the hell out of it!

im going to start buying parts to go onto water cooling.... so any suggestions for a good pump? lol and what size tubing should i get? 3/8 or 1/2? im thinking 1/2 but im not sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom