Pentium 4 VS. Pentium M

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewCents05 said:
my laptop gets 3-4 hrs worth on battery and it runs on a 3.33ghz p4 i find that a normal battery life.

What apps are you running? What is your GPU? I have friends who have P4 3.0 and 9700 Pro and they play HL2 and battery drains out in an hour or less. Some of them can't even get through a movie. My laptop which isn't a fair comparison because it is 2002 runs out even as fast as 30 mins just playing something not heavy like AOE I. If you can go for 4 hours playing HL2 it is amazing seriously. Toshiba gave you a suped up battery. Anyways, PMs are better than P4s. As for AMD mobile CPUs I don't know about those. When I was shopping for a newer laptop I only did research on Pentiums. I decided to keep this old one and upgrade my desktop at home.

well i can get about 3.5 hrs of movie watching and a little less than 2 hrs of gaming. if i were you id still go for the pentium m. p4s are cruel and evil. have both a 1.7ghz centrino can kick the toshibas p4s ass. go for the pm

NewCents05 said:
well i can get about 3.5 hrs of movie watching and a little less than 2 hrs of gaming.

Thats really good seriously and I guess that negates all the negative talk about Toshiba laptops we had on these forums awhile ago.

Anyways, PMs are better than P4s for laptops. I don't know why that guy would decide to get a P4 after all the evidence we provided for him.

I have a friend with a pentium m and gets about 4.5 hours of battery life and about 2.5 hours if he's playing unreal tournament on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom