Crazy Enough to Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
charles_scott said:
I hope they keep socket 754 around for some time... I just got this pc not to long ago, and i got a decent overclock on the cpu.....
I got a feeling that socket 754 is just going to be aroud just for the samperon CPUs. And even there, I beleived that SKT 754 will be phased out. Even though AMD is currently telling every one otherwise.

beedubaya said:
Please give us a link that backs up your statement that socket 754 systems are "crap." Socket 754, while not upgradable as Socket 939, is nowhere near crap. Benchmarks show little difference in performance between the two sockets, even with dual-channel enabled.

Also, by the time he needs a new CPU, he will also need a new motherboard as well. The same would be true if he was getting Socket 939. Do you think people will actually be using Abit AV8s for Athlon 64 6000+ or whatever is in the future of socket 939? I don't think so, there will be bigger, badder mobos out then to better accompany the processors of that day. So if he can save a few bucks by getting socket 754, whats the crime in that?

Comparatavly speaking they are, and do you REALLY want a link?

EDIT Click Here

wont matter, are you really gonna upgrade a 939?Not likely, in 2 years or less you will be buying something else anwyay, probably socket 1100 or something !!

Nope i spent 30 seconds researching it.

754 is not half bad, but it's not worth considering buying a new non sempron system with them.

DJ-CHRIS said:
754 is not half bad, but it's not worth considering buying a new non sempron system with them.

Why is that? With the setup I gave, the 754 system will outperform the 939 system.

AMD has said that it will be moving to a completely new socket sometime next year. I just don't remember what it is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom