Jackpot Baby!!! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. A friend of mine works for the Town of Fairfield in Connecticut where I live. He called me this morning and asked me if i'd be interested in coming down to one of their garages where they are storing hundreds of PC's that the town of Fairfield will be discarding.

I guess the town just upgraded all of their city office buildings with new PC's and they are just going to throw away the old ones. The great thing is all of the PC's are in some kinda shrink wrapping.

I'm not too sure what type of PC's or really anything about them, they might be all piece of junk with all old technology, but who knows? I'm meeting my friend at the garage tomorrow A.M to see what there is. Even if I can grab 20-30 of them, I might be able to salvage some components.

I can't wait to see what I can get... WOO HOO!!!

Time to fire up that E-bay account!!

I have a friend who buys the stuff from the city auctions (mostly computers) and sells that crap on E-Bay. He claims to make good money on it.

Awsome!!! Most likely they won't come with any hard drive's but they should have everything else in them,Like hercules_upw said time to fire up the old ebay acount and make some cash,You can alway's use the money you get for future upgrade's and that for your computer :D

Nice!! Good find!

If I were to get a bunch of computers like that, I would network them, and probably set up some as servers.

Oh damn, didnt think of that. You should get as many as you can, put linux on all of them, and cluster them just for the hell of it. See how much power you can possibly get out of all of them! THAT would be hott!

Yeah, i'm pretty excited. They say, "One mans trash, another mans treasure."

I bet they won't have Harddrives. Due to sensitive information that i'm sure they won't want the public to get their hands on.

I'm going to have to fire up my HSPC Tech Station that I just bought for this motherload. Do a hell of a lot of testing before i attempt to sell anything on EBAY.

Should be a fun couple of weeks...

You'll be suprised how public places (like city depts) are lax on security stuff. I'm sure they dont intend for anyone to take those machines, you just got someone on the inside. They were prolly going to donate them or something and trust that the people getting them wil format them.

Well, i'll find out tomorrow AM. And i'll repost when I get home. Let ya know what i've got. Now, I just need to call a friend and get his pickup truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom