Make an 'internal' hard-drive 'external'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice guys, but I found another solution more preferable (& cheaper!) to me. While I was looking for an enclosure on eBay, I came accross conversion cables instead. These do not have a maximum limit and can also make CD/CDRW/DVD drives external through usb. I know it might look a bit funny with an internal hdd nakedly connected externally, but it suits my budget and usage. Here is the item page:

USB 2.0 to IDE Adapter Cable for HDD CD DVD CDRW DVDRW

:D

Hmmm..... That price, you cant really go wrong. Just remember, you DO get what you pay for, I dont care what anyone else says.

Don't touch it though. It will be very hot, and you would be carrying static electricity.

True I would still go with the inclosure? whats keeping u from installing from the inside and hooking into a spare ide slot?? U could also just buy a internal usb card and ide cable and be done with it! Just a sugjestion

move it from pc to pc(like home and work or something) or use it with a laptop would be the answer to that question.

NewCents05 said:
move it from pc to pc(like home and work or something) or use it with a laptop would be the answer to that question.

What question?

Ridwan said:
Thanks for the advice guys, but I found another solution more preferable (& cheaper!) to me. While I was looking for an enclosure on eBay, I came accross conversion cables instead. These do not have a maximum limit and can also make CD/CDRW/DVD drives external through usb. I know it might look a bit funny with an internal hdd nakedly connected externally, but it suits my budget and usage.
Useful, but not for what you're doing. Remember, an internal HDD needs to be protected. There's lots to consider: dust, grime, static, physical damage, moisture, cooling, etc.

The enclosure not only provides the conversion adapter for making it external, but also provides power, protection, and cooling.

ShoobieRat said:
Useful, but not for what you're doing. Remember, an internal HDD needs to be protected. There's lots to consider: dust, grime, static, physical damage, moisture, cooling, etc.

The enclosure not only provides the conversion adapter for making it external, but also provides power, protection, and cooling.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom