GeForce 4 owners! drag ur butt here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lo!

As I have a GeForce 4 (Ti4200@300/600) myself I'm curious to know what (newer) games are you...enjoying with that card and how well they are running and with what settings. I'd like to know if there's anyone out there using their gf4 with games like doom3, HL2, Far Cry etc.

I'm thinking of purchasing Far Cry.

yeah i have Geforce 4 MX 4000 I play HL2 with low settings and works fine (with some slows) Half life 2 gives a recomendation for settings for each pc If you dont change them you are good By the way dont dream about Far Cry it will run slow as hell with 3dAnalyzer

Get FarCry. I beat the game just a few months ago with that exact card not OC'd
I got 25-30 FPS @ 1024x768 no AA or AS. It was beautiful. :sniffle:
I've also played Doom3 and HL2 with practically the same results.
If you can live with a little lag then you are set.
-Joe

geforce 4 mx420

plays hl2 and far cry no problem on 800x600 with some good graphical settings.
doom3 however 640x480 has a reeeeeal hard time. i can't even over clock it cause the game will just go retarded.
UT 2004 - fairly old, but i can have some sweet settings for it.

6600GT i'm hardcore debating though. damn guitar amp is up against it lol.

You want the graphics card <-_->

My 440 was able to play HL2 all low

However it's seen it's days, i got a 6600GT, did some modding to the 440, and it outputted crap too yellowish

hrmmm i got a MX4000 128mb and ive only played cs and DoD, im afraid it won't be able to handle anthing else

My GeForce4MX could only play UT2004 on Medium, couldn't handle Far Cry. Luckly I built my new PC before Doom 3 and HL2 came out. I have to say the GeForce 4 MX isn't a gaming card at all, and is only a step above onboard graphics. Its only DX7 for crying out loud!

I used to have the MX440, and like exntion said, it has a reeeeeeeal difficult time with Doom on 640x480. But the 440 is the minumum card Doom requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom