Anything I should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, I am going for a major in Computer Engineering and a minor in Physics. Remember this: if you build it, you will know how to support it. But, it is your choice in the end. Broader job range and more choices if you do Computer Engineering though.

I dunno about that, I did some research and talked to a guy once and he said there was no jobs for computer engineers. However, when I graduate in 4 years, it may be a different story. Maybe I will major in one and minor in the other, or something like that. Hell, maybe two majors! Thats a workload and a half.

Physics? You must be pretty good at math. I love physics and math, but I am utterly horrible at both. Regardless of how much I pay attention and do my work, I simply cannot get math, it's one of those things. But I'm not gonna let that stop me, still gonna work my balls off until I understand it.

Good luck Wayne, sounds like you got your shit together and you gonna do quite well for yourself.

-Bones

Do you have msn or anything like that?

Also, Computer Engineers control everything computer related in this world. When you think aout it, if a new car has a computer program, Computer Engineers help out with it. They can also work on operating system type things too. At least at Michigan Tech, I had it put this way. If you majored in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, you'd pretty much have a Computer Engineering degree. Of course, they are an Engineering college, but I can't imagine it'd be much different anywhere else. Especially with technology always increasing... we'll always need Computer Engineers. Just make sure you look into things before you make a final decision.

I have AIM: TyLeR ThE PyRo... I made itwhen i was 14, so dont make fun of me! :p

I totally know what you are saying. But it is also a matter of what I want to do. I dont know why, but I love setting up servers and doing the really advanced things in programs. But designing them, that would be a whole different story. that is where my imagination and creativity could come into play, as well as very large paychecks. :D

It's definetely one of those things that you can easily make the wrong decision and end up regretting it the rest of your life, your college major is. (Yoda speek) But no regrets, I hate regretting.

"Find something you love doing and you'll never work a day in your life." -(can't remember who said it)

Oh damn, I want to say Henry Ford but I'm not sure. It's one of those big entrepreneurs in the early 1900's, I remember learning about him. I will try to find it..

Was it somethign about turning your advocation into your vocation?

Not sure, but I found this one: "It's not work, if you love what you're doing." -Steve Sears (1941-1996)

Anyway, the point is to find something you like doing first and foremost and the success will follow.

By the way, I'll have to download AIM... I know a lot of people on it lately. All I have is msn messenger right now.

Yeah you do need AIM. Granted, it is AOL, but it is a pretty good program. You could just get a different AIM client if you wanted, Trillian or something. I tried MSN once, and I really did not like it. Not sure why, I just didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom