Molex Fan Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

haGGard

In Runtime
Are there such a thing?

Basically i have a few 80mm fans on my case, and they can be quite noisey. When had my old PC case i used to leave it on overnight downloading or whatever and it wouldnt bother me, now i cant because the fans are too noisey.

I have a few cold cathodes in my case and they have a simple on/off switch built in. Is there any way i can bodge one of these onto my fans. My fans are connected by a 4-pin molex, not to the mobo.

I've already had a go at bodging, and it seemed to work, however when i flicked the switch to turn the fans off, it turned the WHOLE PC off instead lol. Thats conused me :confused:

These are the switches i mean, but here they are on cold cathodes:

http://img205.echo.cx/img205/1501/r0051686064eh.jpg

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!! :cool:

You could get something like this.

That is probably the easiest way to control the speeds of your fans. There are other ways, but it pretty does the same thing as the fan controller, but not as neat and tidy.

Thanks for the reply :)

I was thinking about those but i thought the speed of fans cant be controlled when using molex connectors? Or does it come with connector converters?

It can control the speed of the fans if they use a molex connector. You might have to get a connector convertor, or just cut the molex connectors of and put the small ones on.

THeres probably a fan controller out there that uses more molex connectors...

That one seems pretty good. I've heard of people buying from that site, and Im pretty sure they had good success with it.

Very glad i bought it! Looks great and has greatly improved the amount of fan noise generated from my PC by 110 % :)

Great bit of kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom