BSOD - Multiple times! Getting very bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo119

Banned
I've gotten this BSOD about 5 times in the last week or so. I'm really getting worried and frustrated. The only thing I've changed on my computer recently, is I've upgraded my nVIDIA MX440 64mb PCI card to an ATI Radeon 9800pro 128mb AGP. I've run some of memtest86, and no errors were picked up. I will finish the entire test tonight (which test?) PLEASE HELP!! :angry:

I've gotten that screen many times too. Usually happens when I overclock and go too far, I get that. My question about that is when I get it, is it because I need to loosen RAM timings, or up RAM voltage?

whoa i havent overclocked my card!! It should still be stock! But I'll try downloading some more drivers, even though I downloaded the newest ones already. Thanks

oh- what is the patched version? is that for overclocking?? I dont want to overclock or mess up my brand new $130 video card.

Re:

Hello,

The 0x0000008E STOP error message is: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I have no clue what the f**k that means...but it's nearly always related to hardware incompatibility.

Most probably the stated driver...your ATI Graphics Card driver.

Make sure that before you installed your new graphics card, you uninstalled your old graphics driver first. Try re-installing your graphics driver and look for any available catalyst updates online.

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Make sure that before you installed your new graphics card, you uninstalled your old graphics driver first. Try re-installing your graphics driver and look for any available catalyst updates online.

okay I did uninstall all the old video drivers, I updated every software and driver I could find on www.ati.com, and yes I updated the catalyst. SO FAR, its been fine and I havent had any BSODs. But I'll try gaming later on and see what I get. Thanks

That's a memory reference problem caused by your card

I think with that number it's in the first 640KB of system ram, which is reserved for special stuff like BIOS (Card or motherboard) shadowing and other stuff

Try getting that updated program, this could be hardware or software issues, as well as crappy motherboard issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom