Ocz = Pwned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, no. Number one, they arn't even using OCZ's top of the line 2-2-2-5 memory, and number two, the OCZ memory retains the 2-2-2-5 timings with less voltage.

Um, yes.

"Getting that out of the way, I can honestly say that this Mushkin Redline XP4000 memory is the best ram I have ever used on the DFI NF4 motherboard. I would highly recommend this ram if you have the voltage and adequate cooling."

That is just one person's opinion. The OCZ memory runs at the same speed with a lower voltage, which is better.

003 makes a good point. I think that the OCZ uses (or used) TCCD ICs which are known to obtain high clock speeds with low voltage and therefore low heat.

BH5 ICs on the other hand, require a lot of voltage to OC (as seen in the review) and therefore heat up a lot. The only reason why the Redlines work so good in the DFI is because the DFI has very flexible voltage settings.

well that's two different people's opinion

your opinion and the opinion of one of the best overclockers in the world

hmm...i wonder which i will trust more

003 said:
That is just one person's opinion. The OCZ memory runs at the same speed with a lower voltage, which is better.

Did you not read the article? You're talking about if they are running at lower frequencies. Who cares then? The Mushkin clearly overclocked higher, look at the graphs. If you're a hardcore overclocker, the Mushkin is the way to go.

Hmmm, I read that review a little closer, and I withdraw some of my comments :D I thought the OCZ needed less voltage than the Mushkin. Ooops.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom