Pentium 4 VS. Pentium M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexqd3 said:
whoa whoa ok nevermined, i'll stick with P4. The love pc games too much:)

If you buy a laptop get a PM. It is faster and better mobile tech. P4s are ultimate garbage for laptops especially with PMs out. If you want to play games don't buy a laptop buy a desktop and stick an AMD 64 or FX in there. Never buy a Pentium for gaming. In fact, don't buy Pentiums period. Even so if you want to game using a laptop getting a PM is a MUCH better solution than P4.

http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20030205/centrino-15.html#direct_3d_performance_3d_mark_2001_se

The only time you will find P4M faster is if you buy one that is like 3.2 ghz and how much power does that use? The fastest PM out right now I believe is 2.1 which is like around P4 3.0. The whole point of buying a laptop is to have it be...mobile. The battery will be drained so fast if you buy a P4 3.2. Buy a desktop if you want to game.

my laptop gets 3-4 hrs worth on battery and it runs on a 3.33ghz p4 i find that a normal battery life.

AMD makes decent mobiles 64s that I would say beat out the P4 (I dont know, never seen benches).

The turions are sorely beaten by the PM. Then again, they wern't built for power... their the ultimate battery solution.

get the PM, for gaming or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom