SLI help

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way that it preforms twice as good with SLI, there is just no way. The biggest boost I have ever seen from SLI is about an 11% boost, and these benchmarks were done by professionals. I will believe it when I see screenshot proof, not a second sooner.

HA! Here I will paste them just to prove you wrong because you seem to be sooo right. I need to run them again to take a picture, one moment.

-Ryan

Here is the results of the benchmarks, they do show a massive difference.

3DMark03 Without SLI:
3DMark03 NonSLI 1G 6.1.05.jpg

and

3DMark03 With SLI:
3DMark03 6.1.05.jpg

So please point out to me the "little" difference there? Seems like a huge one to me.

-Ryan

Just as I thought. SLI makes a HUGE difference in 3DMark. It has almost no difference in real world preformance. Post some screenshots of games with stat FPS enabled, and you will see, it makes little difference.

Your joking!? Damn, your a critic of critics, I'll do some of that tomorrow, just to prove your cynical ass wrong! But as having it, HL2 I can jack everything to max and never lag, but with only one I have to turn everything down a notch.

-Ryan

I have never seen SLI double FPS but to gamers 11% makes a lot of difference. But its more than that. More like 30-40%.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2258&p=5

As you can see from that benchmark an increase of 30 fps for gamers is like godsend. Of course I don't even think the naked eye can tell the difference between 100 fps and 150 fps.

003 said:
I want the actual FPS.

I can't help you there I don't have SLI maybe Bebop can take a screenshot. But every benchmark I have seen is MORE than 11%.

omg, beedubya lend me your flame stick for a second...
guys, you need to quit hijacking. for EQ2 the 6800gt by eVGA or Leadtek is quite sufficient, especially since he can afford better other stuff with money he saves,just to be sure he should get an SLI board (like the DFI nf4 ultra-d) and if he finds one lacking (which i'm sure he won't for at least 6-8 months) than he can go out and buy another.

Here is what I have seen with CS:S, with SLI its aprox: ~95 and without its aprox: ~65-70. The eye may not noticed the difference but come a big party of people and nades, flash, ect. you begin to really notice it.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom