Crazy idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt advise dry ice cooling. It will take your machine to extreme sub thermal temps. But you will need to keep refilling the tank, and it gets expensive. Also need to protect your board from all kinds of condensation. Just build a water chillier. Rather simple. You could build it out of your AC, and you could have a normal water cooling system just with the evaporator sitting in the resevoir.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

I really cant take this AC unit apart since my room will hit 100F+ very easily...... Anyways i was thinking about having two pumps doing the work, one inside my computer, and another sitting right outside the AC unit just right after the radiator that would be sitting down inside the AC unit.... back down there it gets down to 36F lol

Seems like alot of trouble. Get your hands on a mini fridge, and modify that. Or just take the fridge, and build a special resevoir around the capilary tubing (the cold copper tubes in the coul behing the fridge) That way the water will be chilled. I've been considering this, but my mom gets pissed when i have a fridge on in my room. She says it makes the power bill get too high, but i think it's cuz she knows what I'm really gonna use it for.... BEER!!!

Nah, it would be fun. You would have a good time witht that one.

Charles, you break up with Amanda?

I'll just tell you now this isn't going to happen unless you want to dump at least 500 bucks into this. You'd need at least two iwaki pumps running through this loop to even keep the water moving.

I mean, 30-40 feet to the AC unit, double that and you've got close to 80 feet of tubing. Most loops use probably less than 4 feet of tubing so you'd probably need at least one iwaki for every 10 feet of tubing or so, which will run you up over 800 dollars.

What you're suggesting just simply isn't possible, I'm sorry to burst your bubble. You'd probably recieve just as good of results submerging your rad in ice.

Just to put this project into perspective for you, a $75 MCP650 DC pump has a maximum head of 10 feet.

edit - also just remembered this thing would take forever to fill/empty and bleed

lol

Figured you changed your thing, no longer says you love her forever, it meant you broke up. oh well, this aint a friggen soapopera... GET TO THE TECH STUFF!!!!

Sorry, the vodlka hit me pretty quickly... :cool: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom