dvd and seperate cd burners ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahardb0dy

Beta member
Hello, Is it possible to have a seperate cd burner and dvd burner on the same comp? I had a dvd-rom that came with the comp. ( dell xps-t) and added a plextor cd burner, the dvd player quit working ( samsung P.O.S.) and I want to either add a dvd burner or if I can't, replace the dvd rom drive. thanks

yes you can. did the samsung dvd drive quit on you right after you installed the plextor cd-burner? if it did than you set up the jumpers wrong.

when you install the new dvd burner you must either use cable select or master if the drive is at the end of the cable or slave if it is on the middle of the cable.

no, the 2 drives were working fine together, I hadn't used the dvd drive to view a dvd in a while, than when I tried to, the comp wouldn't even recognize that their was a disc in the drive, the dvd drive was playing audio cd's and would recognize a cd with pics on it just not a dvd movie. I tried to find a new driver and ended up flashing the drive with the wrong firmware which caused it to lock up completely, it's not even listed under my comp any more. From research I've done on this model ( samsung sd-612 ) I'm not the only one having problems with this drive. It worked fine when I got it ( with my dell system) but after 2 years it started doing what it's doing. Even tried a dvd diagnostic program and if a dvd is in the drive it won't even recognize that a disc is loaded. so time for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom