Intake vs. Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, first I will tell you that I've fixed my problem (yay!). (By the way, it is a plastic like screen, so it could have been making the noise, right?)

So, I took some VERY long screws small enough to fit THROUGH the holes on the fan. I put them through the grill and through the side panel and attached a rubber washer. Then I screwed a nut on to hold the grill on the side panel. Next I put on another rubber washer, then the fan, then another rubber washer, and another nut to hold the fan on. So it is about 3/8 of an inch away from the panel and the sound went away...:D

LoTeX, how did you change the voltage to it?

Well, I got my fan quiet finally, so I'm not forking out money for a fan controller that I don't need now.

Wayniac said:
Okay, first I will tell you that I've fixed my problem (yay!). (By the way, it is a plastic like screen, so it could have been making the noise, right?)

Well, you know, if the air flow is anyhow restricted, that will generate noise. Best thing is to get rid of that obstacle totally. If drilled my case at the fan area in order to gain full air flow and minimal noise.

Wayniac said:

LoTeX, how did you change the voltage to it?

i put my fan into psu's +12v and +5v, which makes it run at 7v. quite common trick, i think.

Originally posted by Him
Or you can try a percussion adjustment, they usually work. ;)

I just have to let you know, my fan started clicking a couple times here and there, but the percussion adjustment took care of the problem.

Wayniac said:
I just have to let you know, my fan started clicking a couple times here and there, but the percussion adjustment took care of the problem.

Nice, that is how I solve mine. Now, not too hard of one, I once did one a little bit to hard and my computer shut off. Almost pissed myself. Turned back on with no problems though, twas a bit odd... And rather frightening.

Originally posted by Him
Nice, that is how I solve mine. Now, not too hard of one, I once did one a little bit to hard and my computer shut off. Almost pissed myself. Turned back on with no problems though, twas a bit odd... And rather frightening.

lol... oh man, that seriously made me laugh out loud. I'll remember that for the future though. SOFT taps, and incease the intensity with each new swing. Who knows, I may graduate to a baseball bat before it shuts down.

Just avoiding kicking, I can see that ending in utter disaster.

On that note, I had a Gateway once and the power button broke so the way we would have to turn it on was by kicking the bottom of the front of it with a good amount of force.

Well, looks like you've got this percussion thing mastered. You can turn one off by hitting it, you can turn one on by kicking it, maybe you should try to work on getting the screen saver to activate when you punch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom