wanting to buy a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
dhw200 said:
We need to have some decision for who gets the 6800 Ultra and the 2 6800 GTs!!. I say Ultra to Beed, hes suffered long enough. One GT to diablo, and the other GT to me.

Sorry switch, the cards are PCIE

DAMN IT!!!! WHY PCI-E!!! WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Just u 2 then.

here is how it works out:

last generation, ATI dominated with the 9200/9600/9800 series'

this generation, Nvidia is dominating

next generation, judging by the specs posted of the new cards posted, ATI looks like it has an edge

in the here and now, Nvidia is the king

Oh well ill just build a new computer ground up when AMD X2 comes out...hopefully there will be a new ATI card that you call the "edge" by them.

judging by the specs, the R520 has that edge over the G70.

BTW, if ur a gamer, dual cores wont do anything for gamers

Once they start making games for multi cores...its gona be the only way for gaming.

Oh and the card is still alive LOL it wont overheat the core just shuts off.

First of all, I apologize to Troubledyouth, for killing the spirit of his post. But it was in the spirit of a 6800 GT, w/ 500+ post users and one moderator involved, so I don't feel too bad.

second of alll, Trouble youth, that link you showed us was good. The evga should be alright; hopefully you'll have a better experience with Nvida than the Stupid kid. I personally think that your PSU will be just fine, but that 480 watt one will do ok too i think.

The nice thing about dual cores is that you can multitask taxing operations on your comp w/ almost no lag.

Stupid, at least your enjoying yourself. All you other people I think you should be ashamed of yourself. Yes, I do think he's a bit Stupid to be blaming just his Graphics card. Yes, I do think it's a bottleneck somewhere else. And the person who suggested where the 6800s GT go is being selfish. But you know, beggars can't be choosers and it's his stuff...but yea...Stupid, I can think of more evil and sadistic ways of getting rid of them.

Hope this post doesn't get me banned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom